Enter the Zurich Portrait Prize 2021
Deadline: 23 June 2021, 10pm (IST)
The Zurich Portrait Prize 2021 is now open for entries. The annual competition showcasing contemporary portraiture is open to artists from across the island of Ireland, and Irish artists living abroad. The winner of the competition will receive a cash prize of €15,000 and will be commissioned to create a work for the National Portrait Collection, for which they will be awarded a further €5,000. Two additional awards of €1,500 will be given to highly commended works. An exhibition featuring a shortlist of portraits chosen by the 2021 judging panel will go on display in the Gallery from 13 November 2021 to 3 April 2022, before travelling to Crawford Art Gallery, Cork.
Please complete the following before downloading the entry form:
Before submitting your entry, please check the following:
- All fields in the entry form must be filled in. Incomplete or inaccurate entry forms will not be processed.
- Your entry form must be in Word document format. No other file format will be accepted.
- You must submit a digital file of your portrait (JPEG, video, audio).
- You must title your digital file with your full name.
- If you are entering a 2D portrait, you must submit 1 image (JPEG). Max. file size: 3MB. This should be included as an email attachment, along with your entry form, and emailed to [email protected]
- If you are entering a 3D portrait, diptych, or triptych, you can submit a maximum of 3 images (JPEGS). Max. file size: 3MB. These should be included as email attachments, along with your entry form, and emailed to [email protected]
- If you are entering a video or audio portrait, you must send your video/audio file and entry form to [email protected] via WeTransfer
Send your completed entry form and digital file(s) to [email protected] before 10pm (IST), 23 June 2021.