Enter the Zurich Portrait Prize 2022
Deadline: 22 June 2022, midnight (IST)
The Zurich Portrait Prize 2022 is now accepting entries. The annual competition showcasing contemporary portraiture is open to artists from across the island of Ireland, and Irish artists living abroad.
The winner of the competition will receive a cash prize of €15,000 and will be commissioned to create a work for the National Portrait Collection, for which they will be awarded a further €5,000. Two additional awards of €1,500 will be given to highly commended works.
An exhibition featuring a shortlist of portraits chosen by the 2022 judging panel will go on display in the Gallery from 26 November 2022 to 2 April 2023. The exhibition will then travel to the Regional Cultural Centre, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, where it will be displayed from 3 June to 2 September 2023.
Please complete the following before downloading the entry form:
Download the Zurich Portrait Prize 2022 entry form here.
Checklist for entering:
- All fields in the entry form must be filled in. Incomplete or inaccurate entry forms will not be processed.
- Your entry form must be in Word document format. No other file format will be accepted.
- You must submit a digital file of your portrait (JPEG, video, audio).
- You must title your digital file with your full name.
- If you are entering a 2D portrait, you must submit 1 image (JPEG). Maximum file size: 3MB. This should be included as an email attachment, along with your entry form, and emailed to [email protected].
- If you are entering a 3D portrait, diptych, or triptych, you can submit a maximum of 3 images (JPEGS). Maximum file sizes: 3MB. These should be included as email attachments, along with your entry form, and emailed to [email protected].
- If you are entering a video or audio portrait, you must send your video/audio file and entry form to [email protected] via WeTransfer. You must title your digital file with your full name.
Send your completed entry form and digital file(s) to [email protected] before midnight (IST), Wednesday 22 June 2022. Best of luck to everyone entering the competition this year!
Supported by Zurich Insurance plc.