“Something From There” Community Project
Invitation to apply
The National Gallery in Dublin wishes to reach out to a wide range of people living in Direct Provision to explore your experiences of coming to and living in Ireland.
This artist-led project will take its lead from an object (or objects) that you brought here to Ireland with you, and the meaning that these objects might now have. Participation in the project will include attendance at workshops in the Gallery once a month between June and December 2019. The Gallery encourages people from all communities to apply, including members of the LGBTQIA+ community. There are a limited number of places available on this project.
This is a project conceived by Evgeny Shtorn and is being supported and developed by the National Gallery of Ireland. The Gallery is delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Evgeny in order to give a voice to residents of direct provision.
How to apply:
There are three ways to apply:
- Fill out the online form below
- Or, download the application form here and email the completed form to [email protected]
- Or, download the application form here and print it out. You can post the completed form to: “Something from There”, Education Department, National Gallery of Ireland, 89 Merrion Square West, Dublin 2
If you would like to send us an image of the object, please feel free to email it or post it to the addresses above.
Application deadline: 22 May 2019
- The workshops will take place in the Gallery from 10:30am to 3pm once per month, June – December 2019. The first workshop will take place on 8 June.
- All transport and catering costs will be covered by the Gallery.
- Participants will be awarded with a certificate in recognition of their involvement and achievements.
If you need any help with this application, please contact [email protected] or (01) 6633510.