Gallery in the Classroom
Explore five treasures of the national collection, through engaging discussions with one of our expert guides. Focusing on dialogue, questioning and creativity the session will embolden students to look, respond and form opinions. The session will be tailored to the age and level of your group and is available in Irish or English.
You will explore the following works:
- Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
- Berthe Morisot, Le Corsage Noir, 1878
- Mainie Jellett, A Composition, 1930s
- Jack B. Yeats, The Liffey Swim, 1923
- Saoirse Wall, Gesture 2, 2014
Important information about booking:
- Free, but booking is essential.
- These visits can be booked for Tuesdays 11.30am – 12.30pm, Wednesdays 12.30pm – 1.30pm and Thursdays 12.00pm – 1.00pm.
- Please note that slots are limited and must be booked in advance.
- Sessions will take place online via ZOOM.
- Please read the Teachers' Information Pack (PDF) carefully in advance of your session as it contains important information.
FULLY BOOKED - School Visit: Collection Highlights
On-site school visits are now fully booked. You can still book an online session (full details above).
If you've already booked your visit, you can download the Teachers' Information Pack (PDF) in advance of your visit. This contains important safety information.
FULLY BOOKED - School visit to Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory
School visits for our autumn exhibition, Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory, are now fully booked.
You can still book an online session (full details above).
If you've already booked your visit for the Yeats exhibition, you can download the Yeats info pack here.