Take a deeper look at the national collection on this sketching tour with an artist from our guide panel. Use sketching to observe and respond to details and techniques. Your guide will select some key artworks to look at in depth on this tour. The tour will be tailored to the age and level of your group and is available in English.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of your tour to allow time for set up
- Materials will be provided
- Only dry materials are allowed in the gallery rooms
- Large groups must be split into smaller groups of maximum 15 students, each accompanied by an adult. This is to ensure a high-quality, personalised experience for all students
- Enter the Gallery via the Merrion Square entrance, where you will be met by your tour guide(s)
- Cloakroom space is very limited, so please travel light.
- Do not visit the Gallery if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please refer to the Government's current advice for those with symptoms.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Gallery.
Before or after your tour you may wish to explore our rich bank of schools resources for tailored information, hi-res images, activity ideas and lesson plans.
Book a school tour, online session, or self-guided visit.
Teacher Network and CPD
Professional development workshops and networking opportunities
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Find out what to expect on your visit.