Upcoming CPD workshops
Teacher Network Evening
Join us onsite in the Gallery for our first Teacher Network Evening of 2023!
Find out more about the Gallery’s Teachers & Schools programme, and network with colleagues over a glass of wine. Jennie Taylor, curator of the Zurich Young Portrait Prize, and artist Grainne Moloney Minehan will lead a tour of the exhibition and a discussion on supporting students entering the prize. There will also be a discussion about My Primary School is at the Museum, our special project with 4th class students from John Scottus National School, our latest school in residence.
- Takes place on Thursday 9 February, 6pm – 8pm
- The event is free, but booking is required.
- Book a free ticket for the Teacher Network Evening
Education in the Gallery: a session for trainee teachers and education students
Join Catherine O’Donnell, Education Officer: Teachers, Schools and Youth, for a free introduction to the Gallery’s education programme. This session will cover how we engage with schools, as well as a practical session on how you can use our collections and resources in your teaching.
- This session is for third-level students studying education or training to be teachers
- Available as an onsite tour or online session
- Dates subject to availability
- Contact [email protected] to book
About the Gallery's CPD programme for teachers
Our CPD programme for teachers is designed to support teaching and learning through and about art, via collaborative networking.
Join the Gallery’s Teacher Network
- Be the first to hear about new opportunities, activities and resources for schools.
- Be part of a collaborative community of teachers.
- Help shape the Gallery’s schools programme.
- Participate in CPD workshops and networking events.
How to join
- Sign up to our Teachers & Schools email newsletter for monthly updates.
- Join the National Gallery of Ireland Teacher Network Facebook Group. This group is an active place for collaboration, peer learning and idea exchange. Meet teachers from across Ireland and beyond, and help shape our programme. It is the first place we go to test new ideas and seek feedback from teachers on the ground.
Book a school tour, online session, or self-guided visit.
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Your Gallery at School
An initiative proudly sponsored by SMBC Aviation.
Transition Year Work Experience 2022-23
Apply now! Deadline for applications is 14 October 2022