Join the Gallery’s Teacher Network
- Be the first to hear about new opportunities, activities and resources for schools.
- Be part of a collaborative community of teachers.
- Help shape the Gallery’s schools programme.
- Participate in CPD workshops and networking events.
How to join
- Sign up to our Teachers & Schools email newsletter for monthly updates.
- Join the National Gallery of Ireland Teacher Network Facebook Group. This group is an active place for collaboration, peer learning and idea exchange. Meet teachers from across Ireland and beyond, and help shape our programme. It is the first place we go to test new ideas and seek feedback from teachers on the ground.
Teachers’ CPD: Photography
- Wednesday 24 November 2021, 4.00pm – 5.30pm.
- Free, but booking required.
- This event will take place via ZOOM, and a link will be emailed to attendees the day before the event.
Join photographer Brian Cregan and Education Officer Catherine O'Donnell for a practical workshop, equipping you with tools and ideas for including photography in the classroom. The session will support teachers using our schools resource Medium, Materiality and Magic: Photography at the Gallery, and will include peer learning via group work to enable you to develop cross-curricular creative strategies.
CPD workshops in 2022
- February 2022 – Portraits
- May 2022 – Mindfulness & Art
About the Gallery's CPD programme for teachers
Our CPD programme for teachers is designed to support teaching and learning through and about art, via collaborative networking.
Schools Programme: Autumn 2021
Book an online school visit for your class.
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Your Gallery at School
Post-primary schools invited to apply now!
Transition Year Work Experience 2021-22
Open for applications in January 2022