Transition Year work experience
We run an exciting work experience programme for Transition Year students. In this week-long programme you will go behind the scenes at the Gallery and learn about the work of different departments including Education, Conservation, Curatorial and Visitor Experience. Working as a team you will develop a ‘live project’ to create an event for young people that will run at the Gallery.
The placement will suit students who are interested in art and may be considering studying it for Leaving Cert. You must be willing to work with students from other schools and be comfortable in a team environment. Most importantly, we’re looking for students who want to learn something from their week at the Gallery and benefit from a new experience.
TY placements 2018-19
TY placements at the Gallery are very popular and places are extremely limited. In 2018-19 we will take two cohorts of students in December 2018 and April 2019. We are unable to facilitate placements outside of these dates.
Placement: 8-12 April 2019
Applications open: Monday, 7 January 2019
Applications close: Friday, 1 February 2019
How to apply
- Please complete the short application form (above) and return by e-mail to Catherine O’Donnell, Education Officer: Teachers, Schools & Youth at [email protected]
- You must complete the application form yourself, in your own words
- To help us process your application, we prefer forms to be typed and submitted as a Word document
- Electronic signatures are accepted
- The deadline is 5pm on Friday, 1 February 2018. We will let you know if you have been successful by Friday, 8 February.
Please note that due to the popularity of the programme we are unable to guarantee a place to everyone that applies.
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date with programmes for young people.
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine O’Donnell on 01 663 3579 or email [email protected]. We prefer if you contact us directly, rather than your parent or teacher.