Creative Careers Day
On 14 November 2019, we held a free Creative Careers Day, full of inspirational talks, activities, and practical advice to get you thinking about what a creative career might mean for you!
Students had the chance to meet Gallery staff members, and to learn about careers in curatorial, conservation and education. Special guests from other creative fields, including Andrea Horan, CEO, Tropical Popical; James Earley, artist; Peter Tim Lynch, Designer, DesignWorks; and the Irish Film Institute, also spoke about their work and how they got to where they are today.
We've made all the videos from the day available on our YouTube channel. You can find the entire playlist here, or click on the name of each speaker below to be brought to their individual talk:
- James Earley - Artist
- Niamh McGuinne - Paper Conservator
- Leah Benson - Archivist
- Peter Tim Lynch - Designer
- Sinéad Rice - Head of Education, National Gallery of Ireland
- Declan Shalvey - Illustrator
- Richard Fallon & Aoife Coughlan - Irish Film Institute
- Niamh MacNally - Curator
- Andrea Horan - CEO, Tropical Popical