© Estate of Seán Keating, IVARO Dublin, 2021/ Photo © National Gallery of IrelandCredit
Bring your class on this free tour focused on the artist’s role as political commentator and chronicler. Explore our temporary exhibitions Keating’s Allegories of Change, Estella Solomons: Still Moments, and Rollerskates and Ruins (from 15 October). This tour includes a visit to the Gallery's Library and Archives to see original material from the period.
These exhibitions are supported by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media under the Decade of Centenaries Programme 2012-2023.
- Large groups must be split into smaller groups of maximum 15 students, each accompanied by an adult. This is to ensure a high-quality, personalised experience for all students.
- Enter the Gallery via the Merrion Square entrance, where you will be met by your tour guide(s).
- Cloakroom space is very limited, so please travel light.
- Please do not visit the Gallery if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please refer to the Government's current advice for those with symptoms.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Gallery.
- We have created a Padlet wall with useful resources on this topic.
- Before or after your tour you may wish to explore our rich bank of schools resources for tailored information, hi-res images, activity ideas and lesson plans.
Book a school tour, online session, or self-guided visit.
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Teacher Network and CPD
Professional development workshops and networking opportunities
Find out what to expect on your visit.