Photograph © National Museums, NI Ulster Museum Collection.
Explore the work of Sir John Lavery, internationally renowned Irish painter at the turn of the 20th century. Join expert guides as they focus on dialogue, questioning and creativity in a tour which will embolden students to look, respond and form opinions. This tour will focus on our major exhibition Lavery. On Location. Available to book online here.
- Large groups must be split into smaller groups of maximum 15 students, each accompanied by an adult. This is to ensure a high-quality, personalised experience for all students.
- Enter the Gallery via the Clare Street entrance (into the Millennium Wing of the Gallery), where you will be met by your tour guide(s).
- Cloakroom space is very limited, so please travel light.
- Please do not visit the Gallery if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please refer to the Government's current advice for those with symptoms.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Gallery.
- Before or after your tour you may wish to explore our rich bank of schools resources for tailored information, hi-res images, activity ideas and lesson plans.
Book a school tour, online session, or self-guided visit.
Teacher Network and CPD
Professional development workshops and networking opportunities
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Lavery. On Location.
7 October 2023 - 14 January 2024