This online session uses an Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL) pedagogical approach. IBL is collaborative, process-based and creative. It mirrors how artists and other creative professionals develop their practice. This session will focus on our major exhibition J.M.W. Turner: The Sun is God. This session is student-led, and our specially trained tour guides will support learners to explore key artworks from the exhibition. The session will be supported by a resource providing art historical context to J.M.W. Turner’s life and work, and with ideas to support a wider inquiry.
Handouts and resources
- You will be emailed hi-res images of each of the works you will be exploring. We recommend that you print these out and give a copy to each student, so that they can easily view details in the works.
- We have created a resource providing art historical context to J.M.W. Turner’s life and work, and with ideas to support a wider inquiry. Available soon.
- You will need a laptop, projector, webcam, speakers and microphone (these may be included in the laptop) and a good internet connection.
- The session will be delivered over the ZOOM platform, and you will be sent a link and further instructions ahead of the session.
- Please ensure that you have tested all equipment in advance, and are set up and ready to go 10 minutes before the session starts.
Book a school tour, online session, or self-guided visit.
Turner: The Sun is God
New exhibition now open
Resources for Schools \ Acmhainní do Scoileanna
Downloadable resources for students and teachers
Teacher Network and CPD
Professional development workshops and networking opportunities