8 October 2022 – 6 February 2023
Beit Wing (Rooms 6–10) | Admission charge
Almost 90 artworks by the English artist J.M.W. Turner are on display in Ireland for the first time in this exhibition of works from Tate’s impressive collection. Devised by world-renowned Turner scholar David Blayney Brown, Turner: The Sun is God explores the artist’s fascination with the vast, humbling forces of nature as well as with the sun, moon and clouds. An unmissable opportunity to view the work of one of the greatest painters of the Romantic period, the exhibition features oil paintings as well as an array of watercolours. From light and atmosphere to the luminous sublime, this selection of works showcases Turner’s artistic innovations alongside his mastery of light, colour and atmosphere.
Curator: Niamh MacNally
Book an exhibition ticket
- You need to book a ticket for Turner: The Sun is God.
- See our Exhibition Tickets FAQs for full details about pricing, cancellations etc.
- The following discounts and special offers are available:
- 10% discount on online bookings.
- Free entry to the exhibition every Wednesday from 9.15am until 11.30am. You still need to book a (free) timed ticket in advance.
- Tickets €5 every Thursday evening from 5pm.
- Discounts on mid-week tickets and on tickets booked online.
- Discounts for over 65s, students, and individuals who are unwaged.
- Free entry for members of the Friends and Patrons, but you must book your free exhibition ticket in advance.
- Free entry for children under 18 years and carers, but you must book your free exhibition ticket in advance.
- Free entry for healthcare workers. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- Free entry for refugees. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- Become a member and see all exhibitions for free.
Turner: The Sun is God is organised in cooperation with Tate.
The exhibition is proudly supported by Grant Thornton, Exhibition Partner.
The Gallery would like to thank the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media for their ongoing support.
Sketching Tour of Turner: The Sun is God
Book now: includes entry to the exhibition
Tour of Turner: The Henry Vaughan Bequest
Join us for this free tour exploring Turner: The Henry Vaughan Be
Talk and Tea: J.M.W. Turner's Artistic Legacy
An in-person talk with the exhibition co-curator Niamh MacNally
Magician or Maverick: Turner's art, innovation and reputation
A special talk in association with our exhibitions, Turner: The S
Weekend Painting Course: Creative Expression in Landscape Painting
Book now - join artist Blaise Smith RHA for this two-day painting
Britain in the Age of Turner
Tickets now available
Irish Sign Language Tour of Turner: The Sun is God
Join us for a free Irish Sign Language tour of Turner: The Sun is