Private Collection. Image courtesy of Whytes.comCredit
4 September 2021 – 6 February 2022
Beit Wing | Book exhibition tickets
“No one creates. The artist assembles memories.” – Jack B. Yeats
Coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the birth of one of Ireland’s most important artists, this exhibition explores the role of memory in Jack B. Yeats’ life and work. From his earliest forays into oil painting, Yeats was unusually reliant on memory and retrospection. Memories of childhood in Sligo inspired many of his works, and particular motifs – music and horses prominent among them – recur in his paintings. In a selection of oil paintings spanning more than 40 years, view places and people Yeats remembered, his observations of humanity, and reflections on life and loss in his later years.
Curators | Donal Maguire and Dr Brendan Rooney
Happily supported by Key Capital
If you or your company wish to support our exhibition programme, our Development team will be delighted to speak with you about sponsorship or making a donation. Please call +353 (0) 1 632 5541 to speak to a member of the team.
Booking your exhibition ticket
- To visit Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory, you must book a timed ticket in advance.
- Become a member and see all exhibitions for free.
- Free entry to the exhibition every Monday from 11am until 2pm.
- Tickets €5 every Tuesday from 9.45am to 1pm.
- Discounts on mid-week tickets, and for tickets booked online.
- Discounts for over 65s, students, and individuals who are unwaged.
- Free entry for members, children under 18 years, and carers, but you must book your free exhibition ticket in advance.
- Free entry for healthcare workers. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- If you book an exhibition ticket, you do not need to book a free general admission ticket for that day – you can access the permanent collection, free exhibitions, and Gallery Shop and Café, before and/or after your visit to the exhibition.