The National Gallery of Ireland is committed to providing a fully accessible experience for all visitors. Recent refurbishment of the historic wings has enhanced accessibility at the Gallery.
- There are disabled parking spaces located outside the Merrion Square entrance to the Gallery.
- The entrances at Clare Street and Merrion Square are fully accessible.
- All galleries and facilities are wheelchair and buggy accessible.
- Wheelchairs are available for use in the Gallery free of charge.
- Bathroom facilities are available for visitors with impaired mobility. There is a changing places facility located at Merrion Square.
- Visitors with guide dogs are welcome in the Gallery.
- Tours for people who are visually impaired and blind are available. For more information contact [email protected] or telephone + 353 1 663 3506.
- Tours for people who are deaf and hard of hearing are available. For more information, contact [email protected] or telephone + 353 1 663 3506.
- There are large-text booklets available to borrow in the gallery spaces.
- Free audioguides are available to borrow from the information desks.
- The lecture theatre and shop are fitted with a loop system.
- The Gallery is committed to ensuring that all learning programmes and courses are accessible and tailored to the needs of each individual.
Accessible maps are available at the information desks, or can be downloaded here.
Download our accessibility statement here.
Please don’t hesitate to ask one of our staff for more details. Contact [email protected] or telephone + 353 1 6615133