Share your love of art with friends and family
Membership of the Friends is the perfect gift for loved ones, enabling them to stay connected to culture and creativity and to find solace and joy in art. Support the Gallery by giving the gift of membership.
Simply purchase a gift-membership voucher online. You will receive a unique voucher code, via email, which you can then send to the gift recipient.
The 12-month gift membership does not begin until the recipient activates it by using the voucher code.
Note: The voucher code is valid for up to five years. However, once the recipient uses the code to activate their membership, it is valid for one year from date of activation.
When you click on the button above, you will be taken to our ticketing and membership website called Ticketsolve. You will be asked to create a new account, or log into your existing account, before you can complete your purchase.
Alternatively, you can purchase membership by phoning 01 661 9877.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions, including Mondrian (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year. 15% Christmas-shopping discount on 3 December 2020!
- 10% discount in new pop-up café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
Your membership also helps the Gallery to acquire new artworks to enrich the national collection, as well as supporting the exhibitions programme.
Although some of the information below does not apply while COVID-19 measures are in place, read on to discover the benefits you can enjoy once the measures are lifted.
All members of the Friends enjoy 12 months of the following benefits:
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions*
- Access to the Members’ Room overlooking Merrion Square. Open during Gallery hours, with tea and coffee facilities and free wifi**
- Early bird booking for selected Gallery events
- Exclusive members-only events offering deeper engagement with your national collection and special ‘hear-it-first’ knowledge
- Members-only discounts:
- 10% discount in Gallery Shop (15% Christmas shopping day discount)
- 10% discount in Gallery Café
- 10% discount on Gallery events such as Tipple with Art, and more
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected Education events associated with temporary exhibitions
- Discounts on movie screenings (including a 10-minute talk on a related artwork)
* Pre-booking advised to avoid disappointment. See FAQs for further information.
** Very occasionally, the Members’ Room may be temporarily unavailable. Members will be alerted in advance.
Be part of something meaningful, enriching and exciting by becoming a Friend of the National Gallery of Ireland, or by gifting a membership to someone you know. And, of course, you can also feel good in the knowledge that your membership supports the work of the National Gallery of Ireland!
If you have any questions about membership of the Friends of the National Gallery of Ireland
contact the Friends team on
+353 (0) 1 661 9877 or [email protected]