Mondrian exhibition open from 5pm on Tuesday 1 December
Members enjoy free entry to all ticketed exhibitions, including our new exhibition Mondrian.
All members must pre-book their exhibition tickets online.
How to book your free member's ticket for Mondrian
- Click on the 'Book ticket here' button above. Or, visit the ticketing page for Mondrian. You do not need to enter a promo code.
- Select a date and time for your visit, and select 1 adult/OAP/student ticket.
- Click on the 'checkout' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- On the next page, click on the 'continue' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- On the next page, once again, click on the 'continue' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- Log in using your email address. Make sure it is the email address you have registered with the Friends office. If you have recently changed your email address, please alert us at [email protected].
- If you do not have a password, or have forgotten your password, please click on 'forgot your password?' and follow the steps.
- Once you are logged in, amend any of your personal details if required, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'continue' button.
- The next page is a confirmation page, stating that your order was successful. Once you have completed your booking you will also receive a confirmation email. This is required to gain entry to the exhibition at your pre-booked time. Please also bring your current membership card with you.
If you are having any problems completing your booking, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Experience more as a Friend, with 12 months of unlimited free entry to all exhibitions
Each year, the Gallery presents a diverse and vibrant programme of temporary exhibitions, from in-focus explorations of the work of a single artist, to thought-provoking group shows. As a member of the Friends, you can experience all exhibitions for free, as many times as you like (pre-booking is essential for ticketed exhibitions).
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions, including Mondrian (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year. 15% Christmas-shopping discount on 3 December 2020!
- 10% discount in new pop-up café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
Your membership also helps the Gallery to acquire new artworks to enrich the national collection, as well as supporting the exhibitions programme.
Although some of the information below does not apply while COVID-19 measures are in place, read on to discover the benefits you can enjoy once the measures are lifted.
Members of the Friends enjoy 12 months of the following benefits:
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions*
- Access to the Members’ Room overlooking Merrion Square. Open during Gallery hours, with tea and coffee facilities and free wifi**
- Early bird booking for selected Gallery events
- Exclusive members-only events offering deeper engagement with your national collection and special ‘hear-it-first’ knowledge
- Members-only discounts:
- 10% discount in Gallery Shop (15% Christmas shopping day discount)
- 10% discount in Gallery Café
- 10% discount on Gallery events such as Tipple with Art, and more
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected Education events associated with temporary exhibitions
- Discounts on movie screenings (including a 10-minute talk on a related artwork)
* Pre-booking essential. See FAQs for further information.
** Very occasionally, the Members’ Room may be temporarily unavailable. Members will be alerted in advance.
Be part of something meaningful, enriching and exciting by becoming a Friend of the National Gallery of Ireland or by gifting a membership to someone you know. And, of course, you can also feel good in the knowledge that your membership supports the work of the National Gallery of Ireland!
If you have any questions about membership of the Friends of the National Gallery of Ireland
contact the Friends team on
+353 (0) 1 661 9877 or [email protected]