Private Collection. Image courtesy of Whytes.comCredit
Experience more as a Friend, with 12 months of unlimited free entry to all exhibitions.
Each year, the Gallery presents a diverse and vibrant programme of temporary exhibitions, from in-focus explorations of the work of a single artist, to thought-provoking group shows. As a member of the Friends, you can experience all exhibitions for free, as many times as you like (pre-booking is essential for ticketed exhibitions).
Book your free exhibition ticket
Friends of the Gallery must book their free exhibition tickets in advance.
How to book your free ticket for Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory
- Click on the 'Book exhibition ticket' button above. Or, visit the ticketing page for the exhibition. You do not need to enter a promo code.
- Select a date and time for your visit, and select 1 adult/OAP/student ticket.
- Click on the 'checkout' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- On the next page, click on the 'continue' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- On the next page, once again, click on the 'continue' button in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- Log in using your email address. Make sure it is the email address you have registered with the Friends office. If you have recently changed your email address, please alert us at [email protected].
- If you do not have a password, or have forgotten your password, please click on 'forgot your password?' and follow the steps.
- Once you are logged in, amend any of your personal details if required, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'continue' button.
- The next page is a confirmation page, stating that your order was successful. Once you have completed your booking you will also receive a confirmation email. This is required to gain entry to the exhibition at your pre-booked time. Please also bring your current membership card with you.
If you are having any problems completing your booking, please contact us by email at [email protected] or phone 01 661 9877.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- Friends Fortnight: an annual two-week festival in February, celebrating our members, with exclusive daily events
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year
- 10% discount in the Gallery Café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
If you have any questions about membership of the Friends of the National Gallery of Ireland
contact the Friends team on
+353 (0) 1 661 9877 or [email protected]