J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), Going to the Ball (San Martino). Photo © Tate.Credit
Planning a visit to see our new exhibition Turner: The Sun is God? Read on for some useful information about ticket prices, time slots, cancellations and terms and conditions.
- Adult €12
- Over 65 / jobseeker €10
- Student €8
- Adult €18
- Over 65 / jobseeker €15
- Student €12
- 10% discount on online bookings
- Free entry every Wednesday 9.15am–11.30am
- €5 tickets every Thursday 5pm - 7.15pm
- A concessionary rate is available to visitors with a disability, seniors, and jobseekers.
Free entry for the following:
- Members of the Friends and Patrons. Please book your free exhibition ticket by logging into your account.
- Children under 18 years. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Book free tickets in advance.
- Healthcare workers. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- Refugees. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- ICOM card holders with valid ID (x1 admission; subject to availability).
- Press with valid ID (x1 admission; subject to availability).
- Corporate Partners (in accordance with agreed allocations).
- Staff from Irish cultural institutions. Please email [email protected] to book your free ticket.
- Dublin Pass card holders (card must be validated by the Dublin Pass reader; subject to availability).
- The following do not gain free entry: OPW Heritage Card, IMA Card, Visual Artists Ireland, art teachers.
Groups and Tours:
- Book a guided school tour of the exhibition.
- Guided school tours are available to book for selected Mondays 11am–12pm; Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am–11am.
- Schools can visit as self-guided groups by booking exhibition tickets.
Private guided tours:
- Available Tuesday–Sunday from 3pm to 4pm.
- There is a cost for the tour guide in addition to exhibition tickets purchased for the agreed time slot. Please contact [email protected] to book a private guided tour.
Entering the exhibition:
- There are two entrances into the Gallery: one is located on Merrion Square West, and another is located on Clare Street.
- The Clare Street entrance is most convenient for accessing Turner: The Sun is God. Enter via Clare Street, walk up the stairs (or take the lift) to Level 1, and the exhibition will be on your left hand side.
- Our current capacity for Turner: The Sun is God is 27 people per time slot: a total of 108 per hour.
- We strongly recommend that visitors pre-book their exhibition tickets online.
- We encourage visitors to arrive 5 minutes before admission.
- First admission is at 11am on Mondays, 9.15am Tuesday – Saturday, and 11am on Sundays.
- Last admission is at 4.15pm (Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Sunday) and 7.15pm on Thursdays.
- All tickets are timed, with 15-minute time slots to enter.
- You will not be able to enter before the time on your ticket unless our ticket-desk staff inform you otherwise.
- You are welcome to stay in the exhibition for as long as you would like (within Gallery hours).
- For Turner: The Sun is God, we suggest you allow one hour to view all rooms.
- Re-admission is not permitted unless agreed with our ticket-desk staff.
- Last entry is usually one hour before the Gallery closes.
Showing your ticket to staff:
- We accept printed tickets or you can show your tickets to staff on your mobile device.
- If you have any accessibility needs please contact us ([email protected]) in advance and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- Read more about accessible services and facilities at the Gallery.
Photography and videography:
- Photography and filming is strictly prohibited in the Turner: The Sun is God exhibition.
Cancellations and exchanges:
- We can transfer tickets, subject to availability, with at least 24-hours advance notice. Please contact us ([email protected]) as soon as possible.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- In the event that the Gallery is closed on the date that you have booked to visit the exhibition, in adherence to Government guidelines, your ticket for that date is fully refundable. Ticket holders will be contacted by our staff to process such refunds.
- If you arrive late, we will arrange for you to enter at the next available time slot.
- If possible, please notify us ([email protected]) that you will be delayed.
I didn’t receive my confirmation email/e-ticket:
- Please contact us ([email protected]) and we’ll resend your confirmation email/e-ticket.
The time/date on my tickets is incorrect:
- Please contact us ([email protected]) with your order number and we’ll assist you.
I’m a Friend of the Gallery and I’m having trouble logging into my account:
- Please contact the Friends team ([email protected]) or the ticket-desk staff ([email protected]) for assistance.
Visiting Terms and Conditions
- Read our full Online Booking Terms and Conditions.
- The health and well-being of our visitors and staff is our priority. Following Government and HSE health guidelines, the National Gallery of Ireland has adopted the following protocols in an effort to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- Please do not visit the Turner: The Sun is God exhibition if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please postpone your visit for another day and contact us to request a change of date for exhibition entry.
- Refer to the current advice for those with symptoms, as announced by Government on 28 February 2022.
- Self-service lockers are available at Merrion Square.
- Visitors are requested to place all handheld and backpack size items into the lockers.
- Self-service lockers will not accommodate any item that is cabin luggage sized or larger.
- Visitors are encouraged not to bring any items larger than a backpack to the Gallery.
- Items may not be deposited overnight, items not retrieved will be recorded in Lost and Found.
- Group lockers are available at the Merrion Square Entrance.
- The Group Leader or Education Guide should report to the Information Desk to receive an identification badge, complete the details on their Group Registration Form and receive a key to a large storage bin for the group to store their bags.
- The Group will leave their items in the group storage bins.
- The Group Leader or Education Guide should retain the key, individual group members cannot return to the bin until the end of their visit.
- The Group Leader will return the key to the Information Desk at end of their visit.
- Items may not be deposited overnight, items not retrieved will be recorded as Lost and Found.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Those visiting the National Gallery of Ireland do so at their own risk to such exposure.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (01) 663 3513
- Available at the following times: Mondays 11am–5pm; Tuesday–Saturday 9.15am–5pm; and Sunday 11am–5pm
Friends of the Gallery
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (01) 661 9877