Membership of the Friends is the perfect gift for loved ones, connecting them to culture, creativity, and a community of art lovers. Support the Gallery by giving the gift of membership.
How to buy gift membership
Simply purchase a gift-membership voucher online. You will receive a unique voucher code, via email, which you can then send to the gift recipient. The transaction takes place on our ticketing and membership website called Ticketsolve. You will be asked to create a new account, or log into your existing account, before you can complete your purchase.
Purchase in the Gallery
You can also buy a gift voucher in person at the Membership Desk in the Gallery’s Millennium Wing. Keep in mind that you'll need to book a free general admission ticket in advance to visit the Gallery, if you can. Otherwise you will need to check in with our contact tracers when you arrive. Entry to the Gallery is through our Merrion Square entrance only.
Purchase over the phone
Phone the Friends team at 01 661 9877 to order a gift membership.
Redeeming gift membership
The 12-month gift membership does not begin until the recipient activates it by using the voucher code. This means you can purchase the membership anytime, safe in the knowledge that the gift membership starts when the recipient chooses, not on the date of purchase!
The membership voucher code is valid for up to five years. However, once the recipient uses the code to activate their membership, it is valid for one year from date of activation.
FAQs and your personal data
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of live virtual events and inspiring online content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- Friends Fortnight: an annual two-week festival in February, celebrating our members, with exclusive daily events
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year
- 10% discount in the Gallery Café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early-bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
Your membership helps the Gallery to acquire new artworks to enrich the national collection, as well as supporting the exhibitions programme. Read more about how your membership makes a difference.
If you have any questions about membership of the Friends of the National Gallery of Ireland contact the Friends team on +353 (0) 1 661 9877 or [email protected]