Online Pen and Ink Class: Drawing a group of figures
Online via ZOOM
Join artist Dorothy Smith for this series of classes exploring drawing with pen and ink.
This is the final class of a series of five online classes exploring how to draw using pen and ink. Under the guidance of artist Dorothy Smith, the classes aim to provide a deeper understanding of how to get the best results from this medium. Each class will explore a different theme, with discussions on conceptual ideas and techniques from works in the national collection.
- These classes will take place live online via ZOOM webinar, with a new weekly link sent out to each participant the evening before the event.
- Each session will be recorded and the recordings will be made available for one week to enable participants to take part or catch up at their leisure.
Dates and themes of classes:
- 11 September, 11am - Basic techniques in using pen and ink
- 18 September, 11am - Drawing landscapes with trees
- 25 September, 11am - Drawing architectural details
- 2 October, 11am - Head studies
- 9 October, 11am - Drawing a group of figures
About Dorothy Smith:
Dorothy Smith is a visual artist based in Dublin. She is known for her pencil and pen and ink drawings of urban public spaces. Her most recent work is a map and book of Dalymount Park which includes 30 pen and ink drawings of the iconic stadium. Dorothy is an associate member of the RHA.
Sketchbooks at the Gallery: Bea Orpen
An introduction to Bea Orpen and her fascinating sketchbooks.
Video: Irish Botanical Art
An illustrated talk by the librarian at the National Botanic Gard
Exploring some drawings in the collection
Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory
Book your tickets now!