Online Pen and Ink Class: Drawing architectural details
Online via ZOOM
Join artist Dorothy Smith for this series of classes exploring drawing with pen and ink.
This is the third in a series of five online classes exploring how to draw using pen and ink. Under the guidance of artist Dorothy Smith, the classes aim to provide a deeper understanding of how to get the best results from this medium. Each class will explore a different theme, with discussions on conceptual ideas and techniques from works in the national collection.
- These classes will take place live online via ZOOM webinar, with a new weekly link sent out to each participant the evening before the event.
- Each session will be recorded and the recordings will be made available for one week to enable participants to take part or catch up at their leisure.
Dates and themes of classes:
- 11 September, 11am - Basic techniques in using pen and ink
- 18 September, 11am - Drawing landscapes with trees
- 25 September, 11am - Drawing architectural details
- 2 October, 11am - Head studies
- 9 October, 11am - Drawing a group of figures
About Dorothy Smith:
Dorothy Smith is a visual artist based in Dublin. She is known for her pencil and pen and ink drawings of urban public spaces. Her most recent work is a map and book of Dalymount Park which includes 30 pen and ink drawings of the iconic stadium. Dorothy is an associate member of the RHA.
Athlone Castle, County Westmeath, attributed to Jan Peeters I (1624-c.1677)
A rare topographical drawing.
Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory
Book your tickets now!
Sketchbooks at the National Gallery of Ireland: Part One
Discover sketches by Maria Spilsbury Taylor & John Butler Yeats
Drawing Activity: Shapes and Spatial Relations
Develop your observational skills and explore spatial relations,