Why become a Friend?
Membership supports the work of the Gallery
Your membership helps the Gallery to acquire new artworks to enrich the national collection, as well as supporting the exhibitions programme. In 2021, the Friends supported a book to accompany the exhibition Jack B. Yeats: Painting & Memory. Read more about how Friends contribute to acquisitions and exhibitions.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection. Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions (pre-booking essential)
- Live virtual events via ZOOM, sharing first knowledge and behind-the-scenes stories about Gallery exhibitions and projects
- Exclusive access to digital content, including videos of art history talks and lecture series, shared via weekly email newsletters
- Friends Fortnight: an annual two-week festival in February, celebrating our members, with exclusive daily events
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop all year
- 10% discount in the Gallery Café
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected online Education events
- Early bird booking for selected online events
- A copy of the Gallery's new magazine, The Gallery
Membership of the Friends is the perfect gift for loved ones, connecting them to culture, creativity, and a community of art lovers. Simply purchase a gift-membership voucher online. You will receive a unique voucher code, via email, which you can then send to the gift recipient. Find out more about gift membership.
How to join the Friends
When you click on the links or buttons above, you will be brought to our ticketing and membership website called Ticketsolve. You will be asked to create a new account, or log into your account, before you can complete your purchase.
For Friends wishing to sign up for direct debit membership, you can download the direct debit form here.
Email and phone
You can also email [email protected] or phone us on +353 1 661 9877.
Purchase in the Gallery
You can also buy a membership or gift membership in person at the Membership Desk in the Gallery’s Millennium Wing. Keep in mind that you will need to book a free general admission ticket in advance, if you can. Otherwise you will need to check in with our contact tracers when you arrive. Entry to the Gallery is through our Merrion Square entrance only.
If you have any questions about membership of the Friends of the National Gallery of Ireland, contact the Friends team on
+353 (0) 1 661 9877 or [email protected]