Due to ongoing COVID-19 measures, we have adapted our membership benefits to ensure that Friends can continue to engage with and enjoy the national collection.
Although we cannot hold in-person events in the Gallery, we are bringing the Gallery to you through a rich variety of digital events and content.
Below, we have listed the additional benefits you can enjoy once COVID-19 measures are lifted:
- Access to the Members’ Room overlooking Merrion Square. Open during Gallery hours, with tea and coffee facilities and free wifi**
- Exclusive members-only, in-person events offering deeper engagement with your national collection and special ‘hear-it-first’ knowledge
- Members-only discounts:
- 10% discount on in-person Gallery events such as Tipple with Art, and more
- Discounts on movie screenings (including a 10-minute talk on a related artwork)
** Very occasionally, the Members’ Room may be temporarily unavailable. Members will be alerted in advance.
Onsite events you can enjoy when COVID-19 measures are lifted.
Gallery-based free events:
- Monthly welcome tour for new members – pre-booking required
- Monthly ‘artwork in focus’ talks – pre-booking required
- Previews of selected exhibitions – pre-booking required
- Exclusive art appreciation lunchtime lecture series on Wednesdays. Spring and autumn, 20 talks in total.
Gallery-based ticketed events (including refreshments):
- Annual evening lecture with the Director of the National Gallery of Ireland
- Curators’ evening ‘hear-it-first’ lectures, prior to exhibitions opening to the public
- Gallery Time events, including a talk, tour and afternoon tea
- Behind-the-scenes events with the Library & Archives and Prints & Drawings departments
- Themed evening tours
- Christmas concert in the Gallery’s magnificent Shaw Room
- A range of special events during Friends Fortnight at the Gallery
Offsite ticketed events:
- Day trips around Ireland
- Half-day outings to other cultural institutions
- Walking tours
- Irish, UK and European overnight trips inspired by the national collection and exhibitions