An exclusive oasis in the heart of the Gallery
Nestled in the historic Milltown Wing of the Gallery, overlooking Merrion Square park, the Members' Room is the perfect place to take time out and relax after an exhibition visit or tour. With sofas, a reading library, access to refreshments, and free WiFi, the Members' Room is a space for Friends to unwind, chat, connect and read.
This unique room was originally the Director’s office before its transformation into the exclusive Members' Room.
All Membership Benefits
All members of the Friends enjoy 12 months of the following benefits:
- Free unlimited entry to all ticketed exhibitions*
- Access to the Members’ Room overlooking Merrion Square. Open during Gallery hours, with tea and coffee facilities and free wifi**
- Early bird booking for selected Gallery events
- Exclusive members-only events offering deeper engagement with your national collection and special ‘hear-it-first’ knowledge
- Members-only discounts:
- 10% discount in Gallery Shop (15% Christmas shopping day discount)
- 10% discount in Gallery Café
- 10% discount on Gallery events such as Tipple with Art, and more
- 10% discount on customised prints
- 20% discount on selected Education events associated with temporary exhibitions
- Discounts on movie screenings (including a 10-minute talk on a related artwork)
* Pre-booking advised to avoid disappointment. See FAQs for further information.
** Very occasionally, the Members’ Room may be temporarily unavailable. Members will be alerted in advance.
Be part of something meaningful, enriching and exciting by becoming a Friend of the National Gallery of Ireland, or by gifting a membership to someone you know. And, of course, you can also feel good in the knowledge that your membership supports the work of the National Gallery of Ireland!