Events for Friends
Exclusive events offering members deeper engagement with the collection
Members of the Friends enjoy a vibrant programme of exclusive events throughout the year. From free talks and tours, to behind-the-scenes events with curators, to overseas trips, there is something for all ages and interests. Members' events are also the perfect opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!
Download our autumn/winter 2019 events guide here
In addition to the calendar of exclusive events for Friends, why not experience the full range of educational talks, tours, workshops and courses that take place in the Gallery. See the What's On calendar for details
Free weekly talks
These free talks focus on a single artwork each week.
No talks the week commencing Monday, 28 October (mid-term break)
- Please book your places online, or by phoning 01 661 9877*
- Bookings can also be made in person at the Friends’ desk in the Gallery. Credit card payments are preferable
- Free events can be booked by emailing [email protected], but it really helps us if you can book online
*Our phone line is answered by volunteers who will transfer your call to the Gallery’s ticket desk to make your booking or check queries with the Friends office.
All members of the Friends enjoy 12 months of the following benefits:
- Unlimited free entry to all ticketed exhibitions with no pre-booking required*
- Exclusive access to the Members' Room in the heart of the Gallery, with refreshments and WIFI
- 10% discount in the Gallery Shop
- 10% discount in the Gallery Café
- 10% discount on customised prints of works from the collection
- 20% discount on selected Education activities including lectures, courses and workshops
- Exclusive talks, tours, previews and events just for members of the Friends
Be part of something meaningful, enriching and exciting by becoming a Friend of the National Gallery of Ireland, or by gifting a membership to someone you know. And, of course, you can also feel good in the knowledge that your membership supports the work of the National Gallery of Ireland!
* For some exceptionally busy exhibitions Friends will be required to pre-book.