Following Government advice, the National Gallery of Ireland is temporarily closed.
We'll see you again soon, but in the meantime, stay connected with us online at our National Gallery at Home hub, with lots of different ways to engage with our collection - virtual tours, videos, podcasts, activities for children, blogposts, and much more.
Exclusive events offering members deeper engagement with the collection
Members of the Friends enjoy a vibrant programme of exclusive events throughout the year. From free talks and tours, to behind-the-scenes events with curators, to overseas trips, there is something for all ages and interests. Members' events are also the perfect opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!
Gallery-based free events:
- Monthly welcome tour for new members – pre-booking required
- Monthly ‘artwork in focus’ talks – pre-booking required
- Previews of selected exhibitions – pre-booking required
- Exclusive art appreciation lunchtime lecture series on Wednesdays. Spring and autumn, 20 talks in total.
Gallery-based ticketed events (including refreshments):
- Annual evening lecture with the Director of the National Gallery of Ireland
- Curators’ evening ‘hear-it-first’ lectures, prior to exhibitions opening to the public
- Gallery Time events, including a talk, tour and afternoon tea
- Behind-the-scenes events with the Library & Archives and Prints & Drawings departments
- Themed evening tours
- Christmas concert in the Gallery’s magnificent Shaw Room
- A range of special events during Friends Fortnight at the Gallery
Offsite ticketed events:
- Day trips around Ireland
- Half-day outings to other cultural institutions
- Walking tours
- Irish, UK and European overnight trips inspired by the national collection and exhibitions
In addition to the calendar of exclusive events for Friends, why not experience the full range of educational talks, tours, workshops and courses that take place in the Gallery. See the What's On calendar
- Please book your places online, or by phoning 01 661 9877*
- Bookings can also be made in person at the Friends’ desk in the Gallery. Credit card payments are preferable
- Free events can be booked by emailing [email protected], but it really helps us if you can book online
*Our phone line is answered by volunteers who will transfer your call to the Gallery’s ticket desk to make your booking or check queries with the Friends office.