The Gallery Archive contains the official records of the institution. It reflects the history of the Gallery from the 1850s to the present day. This is a valuable source for those interested in the development of the institution and its involvement in Irish cultural affairs since it's foundation. The collection includes detailed archives relating to the establishment of the Gallery and the work of the Irish Institution; a complete set of Minute Books recording meetings of the Board since 1855; records documenting the development of the Gallery's collection including registers of paintings, prints, sculpture etc. The archive also contains papers relating to the Directors and staff of the Gallery such as Hugh Lane, Thomas McGreevy, Brinsley MacNamara and James Stephens. Information on the development of the Gallery building and architectural plans also form part of the Archive.
The NGI Archive is available to all members of the public by appointment only. Restrictions may apply to some collections.
OPENING HOURS Mon-Fri 10am-5pm
CONTACT Tel: + 353 1 6325500 Email: email@example.com