Now on display
On Saturday the 30th of January 1864, the Earl of Carlisle officially opened the National Gallery of Ireland on Merrion Square. This display celebrates the development of the Gallery from 1864 to the present day and focusing on the important contribution of patrons and benefactors to the development of a national collection. It shows over 100 items from the NGI Archives, Library and Print Room collections, featuring historical records, registers, publications, photographs, correspondence and architectural plans that are an integral part of the history of this national cultural institution.
Admission free, Print Gallery.