The website was launched in November 2010. In the past year, we have had over 350,000 visits, averaging over 950 visits a day and we have had more than one million page views in total from 199 different countries.
In November 2011, the website was awarded an eircom Spiders award in the ‘Charitable and Non-Profit Organisations’ category. The Spiders honour Irish individuals and organisations for their outstanding achievements online and celebrate the success of the Irish internet and digital media.
The website reflects the knowledge and expertise of those who work in the Gallery providing a wealth of information on the institution, its collections, services and public programmes.
The site is under constant development and we are always interested in receiving feedback and constructive suggestions from the public by email (email@example.com) or by sending through your comments to our social media pages Twitter and Facebook.
Visitors to this site will find:
• Access to 100s of images of artworks with information on everything you need to know about them. Introductory texts on the collections held by the Gallery, as well as information on the various schools of art represented. The Gallery’s highlights can be easily browsed and all acquisitions from the last ten years are available on the Online Collection
• A calendar with full information on the Gallery’s extensive public programme of exhibitions, tours, lectures, conferences and study mornings. Details of the various education programmes, including information for schools, community groups, families and young people and lifelong learning initiatives
• The ‘This Week’ feature provides updates on everything that’s happening in the Gallery
• Lots of practical information for visitors to the Gallery is available, such as opening hours, floor plans, guidelines, accessibility information etc.
• A comprehensive guide to the institution, its history, staff and current developments etc.
• A section dedicated to the refurbishment of the historic building
• Online access to information on 1000s of research resources relating to Ireland’s artistic and cultural heritage and the visual arts in general.
• Information on current and up-and-coming exhibitions, as well as an archive of the exhibitions held in the Gallery in recent years
• An overview of conservation in the Gallery, including fascinating case studies that provide an interesting insight into how the collection is cared for
• Areas developed for specific user groups; families, school children, teachers, journalists, researchers etc.
• Full details on how individuals can support the Gallery through gifts, patronage, sponsorship, becoming a Friend of the Gallery or volunteering
• New ways to interact with the Gallery and its collection - you can now create your own virtual exhibition with the MyCollection feature
• Links to the Gallery’s social networking sites Twitter and Facebook
• ‘As Gaeilge’ - Much of the content is available in both English and Irish
• Access to the Gallery’s Online Bookshop
• A useful sitemap and standard navigation information on all pages.
• The site also features its own internal search facility.
For further information please contact:
Tel: + 353 1 6633543 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org